Posted to alt.electronics
jasen jasen is offline

Default Radio Antennae

On 2006-08-11, Mathussic wrote:
I have a clock radio that uses the electrical plug as the antennae.
However, the reception in my bedroom is really bad during the summer
months, but gets somewhat better in the winter months.

those things never work well.

Anyway, is there some type of connector plug that I can plug the radio
in to get better reception?

You could try an extension lead in various configurations and/or sitting the
radio on a grounded platform, or a platform attached to an antenna, or at
the focus of a reflector aimed at your radio station...

Best solution is to replace it, tune it to a stronger station (one of those
low power fm transmiietrs connected to a real radio), or open it up*and
connect an external antenna.

Bye.
Jasen