Posted to alt.electronics
Steve Saunders Steve Saunders is offline

Default Radio Antennae

Well, how about some generalized answers to this question, that I've sought
answers to before as well.

Let's assume:

1) 2 wire power cord
2) some problems w/local stations - draping the cord in weird/awkward
positions can help
3) no external connector for antenna

How about 2 answers?:

1) assume you don't/won't/can't open the case - only external mods
2) assume you could open case

How about same info for battery powered atomic clock? I have one at my
office that works OK near window, but can't get a signal when I put it where
I want it.

Many thanks,
Steve

"default" wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 00:20:19 -0400, Mathussic wrote:

I have a clock radio that uses the electrical plug as the antennae.
However, the reception in my bedroom is really bad during the summer
months, but gets somewhat better in the winter months.

Anyway, is there some type of connector plug that I can plug the radio
in to get better reception?

Any help appreciated,
Chris

AM or FM, what frequency? Is there a connection on it for the
antenna? Two or three wire cord?

(some line cord antennas are a piece of steel crimped on the
insulation of the power cord and attach to a screw on the back of the
radio - you remove that and add a wire or dipole antenna to the screw)

Are you able to have an external antenna where you live? Is it only
some distant stations that give you problems?

News==----
Newsgroups
=----