Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default DIY dentistry... sticking a loose crown back in ?

On 2006-08-11 07:46:25 +0100, Douglas de Lacey said:

Drake (formerly Jake D) wrote:
This one should raise an eyebrow or two, and some vexed responses...

I have a crown of the common type that is basically an artificial

make fine adjustments before the glue sets...

How much of the £30 goes on the subsequent check that your bite is still OK?

Douglas de Lacey

Quite. £30 is a very reasonable charge for the job. However, I
would be asking the dentist why the crown isn't bonding properly.

They do fall off every couple of years, especially if a back tooth
that you chew on. No adhesive can stand the environment forever.

Hmm... Perhaps it's also a function of how much tooth surface is left.
I have 4 with no problems in 5-10 years.