Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default framing basement walls

nicholas_hannon25 wrote:
I'm currently remodiling a basement room, I'm turning it into a bedroom.
So the room already is there and the walls are already framed out ontop of
the cocrete and foundation. what i'm doing is putting up false walls to
hide some pipes and wires also to hide most of the concrete now my
question is do i have to use pressure treated wood for just putting up
false walls or is there something i can use to treat the wood since i
already purchased studs from home depot.

Hi,
Is their a risk for moisture in your basement? Plain lumber is OK. I
won't use chemical laden materila for indoor. When I had this house
built I had the basement ceiling higher than usual so I could hide all
the things(wiring, ducts, pipes) without lowering the ceiling.
One thing, when framing a wall, leave about an inch gap at the top.
Should not make it tight fit from bottom to top.