Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Bemier Joe Bemier is offline

Default Hypothetical question for wreckers

On 10 Aug 2006 05:36:51 -0700, "foggytown" wrote:

Assume that there were no power tools in the world. Would you still be
a keen woodworker? Be honest.

I don't think I would, at least not to anywhere near the extent I am at
the moment. There would be so many things I would be unable to do, or
would be able to do in a crude manner. It would drive me nuts.
Frustration would reign. Does that make me a true Normite? (sigh) I
guess it does!

FoggyTown

Well, I'll be dating myself a bit here but when I started in the
industry we did not have half of whats out there today. I did have a
T/S a Circ Saw and electirc drills. We could call that the *Marginal
Period*
When I look back on it I believe we did better work - in general- than
is being turned out today.
So, if we were to go back further to say my Grandfathers day and look
at your question, I think I would have enjoyed it and the work would
be even better again.