Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheScullster TheScullster is offline

Default Quality Rad Valves

Hi all

I recently posted about cranking rad tails by 15mm to match the rad valves I
usually buy - Pegler Terriers (subject: Pipe Bending Question).
An easier way would be if I could find comparable quality valves with a
shorter "throw" (distance from rad connection to pipe tail).

So, can members of the group please suggest other manufacturers of good
quality valves?
If I can find such items with a 40mm throw rather than 48mm (Peglers) it
will avoid nasty pipe bends.

Currently this rad has a Danfoss TRV and dodgy lock shield, both of which
have shorter distance to rad tail than Pegler's.
As this is in the hall with the stat, I want handwheel and lockshield
instead.

TIA

Phil