Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Black & Decker charger repair

Don't have such a charger -- but some other ideas. Might want to get a
float charger from Harbor Freight, and wire that onto your specialized
plug adaptor.

Second thought. Be sure it's a resistor, not a diode.

Third. Get a power supply plug from www.sciplus.com and guess at
charging times.

Fourth, pitch the drill in the scrap and buy another one from
www.harborfreight.com ; I have a 12 volt Drill Master, and really
worth the $15 I paid for it, half price sale.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a Black & Decker PS160 charger - 12V. It stopped working, so I
opened it up to have a look. There are only 2 resistors in these
things. One of the two resistors has blown, probably because I left
the
unit plugged in for too long and ruined one of my batteries.

Black & Decker has not been able to help. The warranty is over, so
they
told me to buy a new one. They said they don't have records of what
parts were used in the charger. I've looked high and low for someone
who might have a schematic, but no luck.

Here's what I'm pleading for:
I need someone who has the PS160 charger to look at the circuit board
and tell me the colors of the bands on resistor R2 (there is a label
visible under the resistor). It's the one right next to the LED. My
resistor is burnt and I can't see the middle band(s) at all. It looks
like one end is a brown band, and the other is likely blue but might
be
green. Can't be sure because of the damage.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

JC