Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Generator Thoughts

Kyle Boatright wrote:
I need a small generator for use at an isolated outside storage
building. The power demand is 1,000 watts or less and the generator
only needs to run for an hour or two at a time. The generator will
only be used occasionally, but, like most things, needs to work when
I need it.
FYI, I've looked at Honda generators, but their units are too pricey
for my needs. I simply can't justify the cost, regardless of how nice
the Honda generators are. At the other end of the spectrum, there
are $99 generators on Ebay (2 strokes), but those scare the stuffing
out of me, because I don't recognize the brand and because, after
all, I need the darned thing to work when necessary.

Any thoughts for a reliable, low cost generator that'll fit the bill?

Presuming you GOT to this shed via a vehicle, consider a convertor that runs
off the vehicle's electrical system.