Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom Tom is offline

Default Kenmore Dryer will not stop running

lee houston wrote:
"Tom" wrote in message
oups.com...
After reviewing some posts in this and other groups, I checked the
voltage across the terminals to the timer motor and got a reading of
zero. I then disconnected the leads to the timer motor and applied 120
V and found that the timer did advance in timed mode.

But this tells you that the timer is probably OK.!

Concluding that the timer assembly was defective, I purchased and
installed a new $87 timer. This did not solve the problem - the dial
still does not advance in either timed or auto-dry modes.

if you advance the timer switch manually, does the dryer shut off?

Yes, the buzzer sounds and the dryer shuts off.

if so the wires from the timer to the motor is probably OK.

find out why you're not getting voltage to the timer. An interlock
switch perhaps? There's usually a schematic of the wiring some
where on the dryer.

The schematic is on the back of the dryer. I will get some local
assistance with that from someone better at reading those and/or try to
post a link to a photo of it. Thanks.

lee h