Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave M. Dave M. is offline

Default Noisy Goodman AC Unit

"FS" wrote in
news:IDbCg.8210$wU.5137@fed1read06:

Good evening,
About 6 years ago we had an addition built on to our home and for this
addition we had installed a Goodman AC unit. As best as I can recall
it's been noisy from the start.

Several days ago an AC guy checking up on another unit told us that
Goodman is not well thought of and I think he also said they tend to
be noisy.

Here is the key point: He said for around $200 he could reduce the
noise by pouring something into the Goodman unit and tightening some
stuff up. I didn't think to ask what this stuff was that would be
poured in, but he said that it would be a one-time thing.

This sounds like an unusual fix to the problem. Has anyone heard of
this before?

Thanks!

Looks like the serviceman is saying the cabinet is rattling. Loose metal
parts touching can make the noise. You could also put up a noise barrier
between your house and the unit, such as a wood or block wall or bushes....
Too bad you didn't get a Trane!