Posted to alt.home.repair
yaofeng yaofeng is offline

Default sanding and refinishing hardwood floors in entire house

Doug1122 wrote:
Personally, I like carpet too. My wife on the other hand wants the
hardwood. So alas...I am going to do it with the minimal expense.

You will be renting the drum sander I presume? If you don't have a
belt sander you need to rent it too. What I'll do if i have time, and
summer is a good time to do it, is to do it in one shot. Equipment
rental will run you about $100 each time. I did four rooms beginning
of this summer. it is an empty apartment where the tenants just moved
out. The size is about 600 to 700 square ft.. Rental runs about 1/3
of the total cost. But the cost consideration is far less important
than the aggravation your family has to endure for the job. The dust,
noise, and wet polyeurathane. I'd bite the bullet and do it in one
shot.