geoff

Default Illegal house extension demolished

In message , Louis
Drysdale writes
x-no-archive: yes

nss wrote in message

Well, for example,do you need such 'approval' or 'inspection' if you have
a pile of building-materials in your garden, or a 'work of art'?
Do you?
--
nss

Course not. What's your point?
What we see in the photo is an extension in a state of
construction/deconstruction (not sure which), looks like it's attached to
the house, etc so it's an extension that is subject to building regulations
and to planning consent (subhject to size etc as earlier post). Maybe
someone from the Shropshire council can enlighten the group?

Well Shropshire PA are a bit of a law unto themselves

I used to know someone who worked for them years ago he was a 100%
jobsworth. Someone had built a little log cabin up in the back of beyond
in the woods which they pulled down. I remember him telling me "You
can't have people building houses all over the place, it's just not on"

I remember where we lived, there were two similar extensions on similar
houses near where we lived (in Shrewsbury). One was built by someone who
worked for the council, the other by someone who didn't.

Take a guess which one stayed up and which one the council came round
and demolished

--
geoff