Gnube

Default How deep to bury oil pipes?

On 9 Jul 2003 23:58:57 -0700, (NickW) wrote:

Underground is a pretty constant temperature. I believe that a meter
down is a steady 10C or something all year round.

I wonder if you could somehow exploit that to get a slight cooling
effect in our UK summers? I suspect A/C is slightly over the top given
the short while we'd get the benefits, and it also eats a lot of
power. And can be noisy in smaller units I have seen mentioned.

Something using that "natural cool" might make it more comfortable
than without but not as OTT as full on AC.

No idea how you'd figure it out, but it seems someone probably should!

Sort of underground radiator/ heat exchanging mechanism of some kind -
link back to CH even? Small fan to stir it into room air?

Failing that, what about getting garden water features in on the act?
Must be some sort of evap process that could be exploited and then
made to look decorative into the bargain?

Can you guess it's a hot one here today? ;O)

Take Care,
Gnube