Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default The biggest B&Q markup... ever?

"Guy King" wrote in message

True. However, I needed a gas control valve for my boiler a few years
ago and the bloked looked me up and down and said

"Trade?"
"Of course, what makes you think otherwise?"
"The baby under your arm".

Still let me have it, though.

I could start ranting about the joys of trying to get a spare part for my
hob - the spark generator thingy had died. I phoned up the parts people and
asked them for a new one. "sorry, can't sell you one, corgi rules, blah
blah". "But I've got the old one in front of me - I've already dismantled
the hob, that's why I could tell you what the part number was, and anyway
it's not on mains gas". (repeat discussion. I think I may have given up and
got through to a different guy who eventually decided he could sell me one).

cheers,
clive