Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default Listed Buildings recomended reading for renovation?

In message , "Pet @
www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)" writes
Huge wrote:

You'd be better off "accidentally" burning it down, then taking the
insurance money and walking away.

Nah, it's got far too much potential ,and that would not be good for
the attached neighbours either side.

We can do "essential maintenance" I believe, which should cover most
essential things that need sorting out.

Yeah, but it's a good idea to speak to the conservation officer at the
LA though if at all possible, unless it is really urgent and essential..
Otherwise there is the possibility that you do something which leads to
a dispute later - and once it's done they won't be able to see what it
was like before.

We have to do some repairs to our Victorian conservatory - rotting
timbers etc. It doesn't need listed building consent, but I got the bod
to come round had look and a chat about the likely work, he took a few
piccies, we exchanged letters re the work to be done
--
Chris French