Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default Old audio cassette won't play

"t.hoehler" wrote in
m:

Another problem you'll see is the complete loss of the pressure pad
itself. The glue dries out over time and the pad drops out and gets
lost. No problem, just reload the tape into another housing.

*snip*

tom

I've had that happen several times. Seems to happen more on tapes left
in the car. Sometimes you can transplant a replacement felt pad and
spring into the original tape case rather than moving the reels over.
That way, you don't lose the writing on your tape with the song titles
printed on the side.

Puckdropper