Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] manatbandq@hotmail.com is offline

Default Help with close-coupled WC

Andy Hall wrote:
On 2006-08-09 15:38:52 +0100, "Christian McArdle"
said:

However, there is a persistent drip from the bottom of the cistern,
coming off one of the bolts which holds the cistern to the pan.

Personally, I've barely managed to get any joint on a ceramic cistern not to
dribble without at least a smearing of bog standard (sorry!) sanitary
silicone.

Christian.

That's what those doughnuts are for....

If the valve isn't sealed to the cistern properly, water can leak out
between the cistern and the metal plate as the OP describes. The
doughnut doesn't stop that.

Instruction with my new WCs also said not to use any sealant and I
didn't need to on the valve, but I did need it on the hole for the
water inlet and on the blanking plug for the alternate inlet hole.

MBQ