Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] wiz561@gmail.com is offline

Default Washing Machine Problem

Hi!

I have a Kenmore portable washing machine that is about 2 to 3
years old. The problem I'm having with it is that it doesn't spin or
agitate anymore. It pumps the water in and out, but the washer spins
extremely slowly.

I flipped the washer over to check the belt, and that is alright.
I took the belt off the motor and turned it on, and the motor spun
without any problems. Put the belt back on, started the machine back
up, and it spins the washer a very little bit. There's also this
little solenoid that moves this peg back and forth through the
different cycles, which works fine.

I tried going to the bookstore tonight to find a repair book, but
they had nothing. I've tried search the web, and I found some of the
descriptions, but just don't know the specifics for the model I have.
Just wondering if anybody has any ideas of what to look for on this.

Thanks in advance...