Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What's the Advantage of Having a Gas Stove?

wrote in message
oups.com...
A new 1500 sq ft home my wife and I are building is to have propane
heat. We'll be living in Adirondack Park in upstate NY.

We are debating on whether to eventually purchase either a wood stove
or a gas stove. I like wood (I enjoy splitting it, stacking it, the
smell of it) but everyone tells me gas is the way to go for efficiency,
convenience and cleanliness.

My question is that other than ambiance, would a gas stove benefit us
in any way, that is, if I already have a gas furnace does it make sense
to buy a gas stove? Would there be any benefit in purchasing one to
possibly reduce my energy bill?

Thanks in advance.

Cook and heat with propane
Backup heat and ambience heat with wood.

A proper wood stove will have a flat top that you can use to cook in an
emergency, and yet be a decorative wood stove to provide heat and ambience
otherwise