Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default What's the Advantage of Having a Gas Stove?

wrote:
A new 1500 sq ft home my wife and I are building is to have propane
heat. We'll be living in Adirondack Park in upstate NY.

We are debating on whether to eventually purchase either a wood stove
or a gas stove.

I'm old enough to remember my mother cooking on a wood stove. The labor
difference between that and a gas stove was at least 10 to 1. She got
remarkable results but it was real work and a summer kitchen was
absolute hell for women then. She just murmured, "Thank god that thing
is gone..." as the scrap wagon hauled it away.
Buy a wood stove if you must and put it someplace where it can be seen
and admired by guests, but keep the wretched thing out of the house. No
way the average shaky marriage of immature adults these days could
survive the hassle of having to rely on something so primitive. But
your situation may be different, and better so choose wisely. Whatever,
good luck. You live in a pretty area.

Joe