Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] bill@bird.peck is offline

Default coleman 400 watt power inverter

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 22:12:19 GMT, CJT wrote:

wrote:
have a coleman 400 watt power inverter.

DON'T have a schematic or anything that resembles this circuit.
is there anyplace I can find this?

it exploded a 100mf 16v cap.
has 2 sets of 4 power MOSFETs.
2 are shorted in the same group on the same side.

ie --- A1 A2 X X

B1 B2 B3 B4

they are STP60NF06

The cap was across the fan power which apparently came from these
MOSFETs

checked what I could - diodes, etc. - other things are at least not
shorted - could be open

question is...
what are the chances that replacing those 2 devices and the cap will
solve the problem?

Wouldn't a whole new one be cheaper?

Well, the devices are $1.01 each plus $5.85 shipping, so for $10.00 I
can replace all 4 devices and fix it -- Unless someone with experience
thinks there is more problems.
What can I say, I'm and engineer and don't believe in throwing things
away.