Posted to rec.woodworking
Woodhead Woodhead is offline

Default Fitting curved pieces

Maybe glue the imperfect fit pieces together, then saw through the glue
joint with a thin hand saw and reglue the joints. I think they might fit
nicely.

Jim
"Smaug Ichorfang" wrote in message
I'm making the scales (sides) for a nice damascus-steel knife. The main
body of the scales are an orange-with-swirly-black burl (don't remember
name). The "guards" will be made from ebony. My problem is that the
scales and guard don't meet up along a straight line, rather a sweeping
curve. How does one cut the pieces so that they fir together *exactly*?
Because of the size/shape, I can't stack them and cut them simultaniously
on a bandsaw. It's a big pita to make a router jig just for this one
small
project. Ideas?