Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] purple.acorn@gmail.com is offline

Default Black & Decker charger repair

I have a Black & Decker PS160 charger - 12V. It stopped working, so I
opened it up to have a look. There are only 2 resistors in these
things. One of the two resistors has blown, probably because I left the
unit plugged in for too long and ruined one of my batteries.

Black & Decker has not been able to help. The warranty is over, so they
told me to buy a new one. They said they don't have records of what
parts were used in the charger. I've looked high and low for someone
who might have a schematic, but no luck.

Here's what I'm pleading for:
I need someone who has the PS160 charger to look at the circuit board
and tell me the colors of the bands on resistor R2 (there is a label
visible under the resistor). It's the one right next to the LED. My
resistor is burnt and I can't see the middle band(s) at all. It looks
like one end is a brown band, and the other is likely blue but might be
green. Can't be sure because of the damage.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

JC