Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Barber Pat Barber is offline

Default Hidden Deck Fasteners

The Deck Master system works fine and is quite quick
compared to the other systems. I did a 12x30 deck in a
very long day with little or no problems. I even build
these huge box style stairs using the Deck Master.

The "no fastner" look is wonderful to look at and even
better to walk on. I believe the fastners are the major
cause of failures in decks.

I would place the boards as close as possible together.

Duke1973 wrote:

I am building a cedar deck which will be about a foot and a half off
the ground (hard to work underneath). I have been debating using
hidden deck fasteners instead of screws and wondering if anyone had
suggestions. I have been looking at the Tiger Claws and thinking
that they might be better to use considering that I can't really get
under the deck. Deckmaster looks pretty good as well. EB-TY looks
like to much of a pain to use and too many steps to go through for each
piece. Another thing about the Tiger Claw is that is spaces the boards
for you as compared to the Deckmaster.