Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default sanding and refinishing hardwood floors in entire house

Doug1122 wrote:
My house was built sometime in the 50's, and then later wall to wall
carpet was added on top of the hardwood floors. Now that my three kids
have sufficiently ruined the carpet, I plan to pull up all the carpet
and refinish the hardwood. Will there be any significant problems with
doing the different rooms at different times? Otherwise I have to
concern myself with moving all of the furniture out of the house at one
time. My personal feeling is that if I do that, then I might as well
move it into a new house.

You might consider renting one or more storage lockers for your
belongings and just move completetly out while sanding. Sanding is a
gruesome task and yu don't want to do more than once. Put your family
in a nice hotel and they wont' mind.