Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default how do you run capacitor start ac motor in reverse

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 05:32:23 GMT, (Mike_in_SD)
wrote:

If the wiring is accessible to reverse the motor, there should be a
diagram on the motor or inside the splice box to show you which
wires to switch

thanks .. ill look

mike

If there is a shaft on both ends? Just use the other end.
Unfortunately thats seldom an option.

no .. its on my drill press

Use left-handed drill bits.

People should always say why they are asking a question.

oh .. I dont know .. it was a pretty simple question. I am a shop nut
working on my shop more than on projects. There are potentionally lots
of hacks to my equipment that could benifit from this knowledge.

Not sure I understand. Are you saying there are a lot of people who
could benefit from knowing how to reverse a motor? I'm sure there
are.

But people should always say why they are asking a question (unless
there is a good reason not to ;-) ), because there may be more than
one path to a solution, like here.

I guess if you dont know the answer, you can always be funny.

or not

The joke's on you. I wasn't trying to be funny. Apparently you don't
know about left-handed drill bits. I guess if you don't know enough
to understand the answer, you can always be sarcastic.

Instead of asking me or someone if LH drill bits exist.

I'd email you in case you're stopped reading this thread or this ng by
now, but you don't give your email addrss.