Posted to rec.woodworking
Par Par is offline

Default desk

Tim Taylor :

I'm getting ready to make a new desk for my office and have ran into a bit
of a quandary. It's going to be made in sections so as to be able to get it
in and out of the room. The main question I have is how would one fasten the

This might not be the way you want it, but I'm currently sitting by an
oak desk that is from sometime in the latter half of the 19th century.
Three parts; on my right is a set of drawers, hidden behind a door, on
the left is a "cabinet", the desk itself has three drawers; one in the
center and one over wash side. Basically the two sidepieces have a hole
in the center (almost as large as the sides, minus 5 cm or so[1]), and
the top has matching boards attached.

All fits nicely together, and each piece is manageable by itself. For
all I know it was more or less standard office furniture (it was used by
a prison chaplain in his office before it started wandering down the
familly).

/Par

[1] I can't recall the details, and would need to empty out -- and
clean! -- the desk to be able to lift it up and check. I *think* it was
"octagonal" holes in the top, and four boards matching the "corners" on
the top. ASCII art time:

_______
| |
| |

Side Top

--
Par
Making mental lists of laws broken is an enjoyable pastime, but I