Posted to alt.home.repair
BRN BRN is offline

Default Leaking connection to clawfoot tub! Help!

Thanks all. That makes sense that it is the fitting that's gone bad and not
a problem with the threads. I'll try some silicone and if that doesn't
work, a new fitting.
"BRN" wrote in message
Hi all,

I am trying to stop a leak at the connection between the supply line and
the threaded faucet shanks. My supply lines look more or less like this:
http://www.shop4classics.com/images/1xoffset.jpg coming out of the floor
and at the tub end having a nut and a cone shaped fitting on the end. The
nut is supposed to screw onto the threaded faucet shanks. When I do this,
WITH or WITHOUT Teflon tape wrapped around the faucet shanks, water leaks
around the nut (in front of the nut over the shank and behind the nut on
the supply). I have tried torqing the night pretty hard with a 12"
crescent wrench with no luck and a fear that I'm going to break something.

Any suggestions? Is there something else I should be putting on the
threads to stop the leak?

TIA,

Bart