Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Noisy Goodman AC Unit

Not heard of that.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.
You have to starve them.
..

"FS" wrote in message
news:IDbCg.8210$wU.5137@fed1read06...
Good evening,
About 6 years ago we had an addition built on to our home and for this
addition we had installed a Goodman AC unit. As best as I can recall
it's
been noisy from the start.

Several days ago an AC guy checking up on another unit told us that
Goodman
is not well thought of and I think he also said they tend to be noisy.

Here is the key point: He said for around $200 he could reduce the
noise by
pouring something into the Goodman unit and tightening some stuff up.
didn't think to ask what this stuff was that would be poured in, but
he said
that it would be a one-time thing.

This sounds like an unusual fix to the problem. Has anyone heard of
this
before?

Thanks!