Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Noisy Goodman AC Unit

Pour it right through the top fan grille. About one cubic yard oughta
do it.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"The Reverend Natural Light" wrote in message
ups.com...
Describe the noise.

When does it happen.

Where does it come from.

etc.

Based on your post the only thing that can surely be poured in that
will quiet it down is concrete.

-rev

FS wrote:
Good evening,
About 6 years ago we had an addition built on to our home and for

this
addition we had installed a Goodman AC unit. As best as I can

recall it's
been noisy from the start.

Several days ago an AC guy checking up on another unit told us that

Goodman
is not well thought of and I think he also said they tend to be

noisy.

Here is the key point: He said for around $200 he could reduce the

noise by
pouring something into the Goodman unit and tightening some stuff

up. I
didn't think to ask what this stuff was that would be poured in, but

he said
that it would be a one-time thing.

This sounds like an unusual fix to the problem. Has anyone heard of

this
before?

Thanks!