Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Rich256 Rich256 is offline

Default Wood Powered Car ?

Michael Daly wrote:
Rich256 wrote:

100 years from now there will quite likely be nuclear plants all over
the country producing electricity which will be used to make Hydrogen.

Ahhh, the hydrogen myth again. 100 years from now, rechargable battery
technology will be so much better than today that no one will waste
their money on something as silly as hydrogen. Battery electric cars
have already been on the streets available for ordinary consumers
(albeit in small numbers - from the old Baker Electric to the EV1). How
many hydrogen cars have been sold in the last 100 years?

Mike

I guess we won't be around to see. I see batteries as always being more
expensive to make. I don't see any other portable fuel that might
compete with Hydrogen. Hydrogen powered engines have been around for
over 30 or 40 years but no good source of fuel. It will take Nuclear
power in great amounts to make it available. I had great hopes for
Fusion but after 50 years of trying they still can't break even.

There wouldn't be many electric sold either if it were not for
government subsidy.

However, I might like one of those Tesla cars when they come out!! That
is, "like one" but won't be able to afford it.