Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E C & E is offline

Default Double wide home fan

Can someone please steer me in the right direction or do you know how to
install a ceiling fan in a double wide home. If I need to cross-brace the
new box I'm not sure if this is any different than standard construction,
seeing how just about everything else seems to be special to this type of
home. I'm particularly concerned that when I attempt to install the
expanding crosss-brace I'm going to damage the insulation since there has to
be a considerable angle as the brace is pushed through the hole. I know,
I'm probably sweating over something that isn't an issue but I just don't
want any surprises since this is a cabin quite some distance from a hardware
store of any kind. TIA, folks!