Posted to sci.electronics.repair
digdug digdug is offline

Default Yamaha RX-V470

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
digdug wrote:
Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
digdug wrote:
Thank you for the reply...

I don't think I was overly thorough in explaining what it does...
The whole unit doesn't power off, the sound just clicks on and off
but only when the signal is pumped out throught the Monitor setting.
The system works fine throught the tuner side...as well as through
the CD player is fine.

Thanx again.

You press the "monitor" button and the speaker relay cuts off?

If so, this is a DC shift through the circuit, maybe a bad switch IC.

Mark Z.

Yes, while in "monitor" mode to listen to movies or tv the sound will
intermitently cut in and out....but it does not while in "tuner" or
"cd" mode.

Doug C.

Is it a mechanical pushbutton (push in, push out) or a soft-touch
"tact-switch" ?

If it's a mechanical switch, the contacts could just be cutting out.

Mark Z.

it is a soft touch style switch....but I'm thinking that it must
control a switch of sorts inside the unit.....because I can hear it
click when the sound goes on and off.

Doug