Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] l.vanderloo@rogers.com is offline

Default Moding / upgrading my JET Mini

Hi Moshe

Thanks for the pic's
It's nice to have a face with a name.
And yes you have a few good reasons for living, beautiful.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Moshe Eshel wrote:
Thank you all for your help on this question! I found your input very
informative, and you managed to convince me that it would not be a good
idea.

My original idea wasn't to turn the Mini into a VB36 :-) I know the
bearings can't stand more load, they strain even now with the heavier
stuff. I was planing on enlarging capacity mainly for avoiding the
obvious discomforts of a small lathe (say you want to turn a small
platter your starting blank should be less than 10" in diameter - it
comes out to be a mini platter).

My changed plan (back to the original) is to build a nice stand for the
lathe, and maybe stock up on metal for future projects, problem is my
SWMBO who doesn't mind me buying things, minds very much about what she
calls garbage piles - mind you, very usefull and not even close to junk
status :-). I know where the person lives so it won't be a problem to
get more (as long as his house building business continues)

BTW you can see some pictures of my new house and my new daughter he
http://picasaweb.google.com/meshel/Mia2Months

Thanks again, for the caring as well as the help, I hope things will
turn to the better around here soon, though it is hard to believe that
it will happen fast.
Moshe