Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Building a transformer

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 13:44:27 -0700, "RST Engineering \(jw\)"
wrote:

What primitive semiconductors did you use in the output stage, or was it a
toob device? Did we have 2N3055s in '75? I don't memember.

Jim

[snip]

I'm trying to remember what semiconductors I used. But, IIRC,
2N3055's *were* available around that time.

...Jim Thompson

Wasn't that around the time the Dynaco ST-400 came out? I rebuilt one of
those once, seems like it used a bunch of big Motorola power
transistors, I forget the numbers but they weren't 3055's. Seems like
there were 4 of each polarity per channel, or maybe it was 2, I do
remember the heatsinks were HUGE.