Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Steve is offline

Default Question for Ridgid Bandsaw Owners

wrote:
I just installed the riser block this weekend. The instructions call
for a 26mm combo wrench. I could swear I used 15/16" (don't have a
metric that large) and I just fit it over the bottom nut (it was
loose), which does look a tad smaller than the bolt head (behind the
switch now so can't check it). I used a crescent for the other
(thought I used the 15/16" on the upper though) end.

There is clearly room for a crescent wrench on the bottom (nut end) and
maybe on top. You could definitely fit a channel lock plier over the
top end of the bolt. So that would save you buying any combo wrench,
assuming you have a crescent that can open 1".

Mine is a Ridgid purchased at BORG last Fall. The riser block is also a
Ridgid, purchased on Ebay about the same time, but it was a different
part number than the one specified in the book that came with the saw.

The nut on mine measures .930" which is slightly under 15/16 (which is
..9375"). I can't get in with the caliper to measure the bolt head, but
it's definitely bigger than the nut. 26mm is probably about right.

--Steve