Posted to alt.home.repair
Kate Kate is offline

Default Refrigerator Coils

I inherited an old refrigerator, that is in the garage, when I purchased
my home.

I notice that with the temps around 90, the coils on the back of the
refrigerator are so hot I cannot touch them.
I moved the cords so that they would not touch the hot coils, but I am
wondering if this is safe? Should I pitch the refrigerator?

My kitchen refrigerator is fairly new, and there are no coils on the
back of it. Where are the coils located in the new refrigerators -
underneath, under the back cover where you cannot see them, etc.?

Thanks.

Kate