Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Wire bathroom exhaust fan to light?

On 08/08/06 11:39 am z wrote:

:I remember being in motels that had a fan in the bathroom, wired to
:the light so the switch turned both on. That was annoying.

That was my thinking. But the OP suggested (I think) that the light is
for the shower cubicle, not just the bathroom as a whole. In that case,
it may make sense. Also, he seems to be saying the bathroom is
eventually going to be rewired, so he can do things differently then.

Add my usual rant about putting a fan remote in so that you can run the
fan and light independently if you want.

Although I prefer the bathroom fan to be on a timer.

Now there's an idea: I'll put the light and fan (wired together on same
circuit) on a 5-min fixed-delay timer. That'll shorten some people's
showers.

Perce