Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.repair
Tim Williams Tim Williams is offline

Default Building a transformer

"Mark Fortune" wrote in message
For my next project I want to build a bench power supply and do away with
this old switch mode AT computer PSU that i'm currently using.

So......

The specifications I need are as follows:

primary: 0-230v @ 50Hz
Secondary: 60v-0-60v
secondary output current max: 5A

**** man! Switch that ****!

Nope, nothing else I can say without profanity.

SMPS, use a range of supplies, or just go SOL.

I mean, are you really planning on water cooling the maximum 600W you'll
dissipate? Heatsinks that size can get pricey. Don't say it won't happen
(the full dissipation).

Tim

--
Deep Fryer: a very philosophical monk.