Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.repair
RST Engineering \(jw\) RST Engineering \(jw\) is offline

Default Building a transformer

What primitive semiconductors did you use in the output stage, or was it a
toob device? Did we have 2N3055s in '75? I don't memember.

Jim

I couldn't get him really interested until I sweetened the pie by
offering to help him build a 400W guitar amplifier IF he got an "A" in
Algebra.

He did get the "A".

We built this beautiful thing (in 1975) that was so heavy that it took
two people to carry it, and I had to use fans on the heat-sinks ;-)

Put out 400W RMS into 4 x 16 ohm speakers in parallel.