Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.components,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.repair
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default Building a transformer

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 20:51:44 +0100, John Woodgate
wrote:

In message , dated Tue,
8 Aug 2006, t.hoehler writes

Not really worth the effort, IMHO. However, take a look at All
Electronics, Hosfelt Electronics, MCM Electronics.

A bit difficult for a person based in UK, perhaps. And 60-0-60 V at
around 9 A is a BIG receiver or amplifier. Around 300 W/channel.

Sounds about right.

Years ago I had a neighbor kid who needed tutoring in Algebra.

I couldn't get him really interested until I sweetened the pie by
offering to help him build a 400W guitar amplifier IF he got an "A" in
Algebra.

He did get the "A".

We built this beautiful thing (in 1975) that was so heavy that it took
two people to carry it, and I had to use fans on the heat-sinks ;-)

Put out 400W RMS into 4 x 16 ohm speakers in parallel.

For my effort his father, President of Anthony Pools, built me a
swimming pool at a bargain price.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |