Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Clarke Mike Clarke is offline

Default How to move kitchen appliances safely?

Owain wrote:

Dot Net Work wrote:
I'm moving 30 miles away, and my stuff's being put inside a Luton Van.
I've got the 3 kitchen usuals - wash machine, fridge & a freezer.
Is there anything that I can stand them on inside the van to cushion
their journey?

Probably not needed, but I would suggest you find the transit braces for
the washing machine and refit them to prevent the drum and
counterweights going bouncey bouncey smash inside the casing.

Re-fitting them can sometimes be tricky - if you can even find them.

One tip I've come across is to stuff the drum really full with the contents
of the laundry basket. The friction between the contents and the inside of
the door is supposed to help dampen the vibration in transit. I haven't had
the need to do this so can't vouch for the effectiveness but it shouldn't
do any harm and might be better than doing nothing.

--
Mike Clarke