Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan_Musicant Dan_Musicant is offline

Default What do contractors do when they have to go to the bathroom?

I had my first experience with contractors last November when I had a
complete roof tearoff/replacement by a large experienced roofing
company. The first couple days there were around 8 men working, after
that usually about 6, and the job lasted a week. It was a full month
before the job was actually completed, because there were various
problems that I insisted they remedy before payment. Then it would
usually be a couple of guys working.

I told the guys they should feel free to go in the back door and use the
bathroom. I think that maybe one guy took me up on that one day early
on. Maybe there were others, but I couldn't detect that. I determined
that mostly, these guys were good at not having to go.

When you know that you won't have access to a toilet, you generally
alter your habits - you don't drink as much and you void before you
leave your house or the company facilities. I do that... It's just
common sense. I'm sure that explains the fact that these guys didn't
seem need to take a dump. Also, they almost always went offsite for
lunch hour. I did see a few bottles partially filled with yellow liquid
here and there, probably times when they forgot to remove them. There
was no portapotty. They are based out of Oakland, CA.