Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wire bathroom exhaust fan to light?

"Dan_Musicant" wrote in message
On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 22:42:47 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

:I've now hooked it up, and it's so quiet that you'd hardly know it's on.
:It's a GE that's claimed to be super-quiet, and indeed it is -- nothing
:at all like some of the motel bathroom fans I've encountered (which
robably had clapped-out bearings and were ready for the dumpster).
:
:Perce

Are these things necessarily recessed in the ceiling? What's the
effectiveness? Don't they have to exhaust to outside to effectively
decrease the humidity in the bathroom?

Recessed in ceiling or wall. And yes, they have to be vented to the outside.
Pumping humidity into the attic will cause any number of nasty problems.