Posted to alt.home.repair
RayV RayV is offline

Default Roof gutter recommendations please

46erjoe wrote:
My home in upstate NY gets a lot of snow and ice build up on the
edges. Will any cutters hold up to that problem and also keep leaves
out?

I need to route water away from my foundation via the gutter, so I
can't go with just a snow slide. And the roof is way up high, so I
can't get to it easily for leaf clean-out.

Maybe there ain't such a thing.

Tommy Silva says to hang you gutters low enough so that sliding ice
won't touch them. I have seen on a lot of *older* homes with slate
roofs metal brackets sticking up on the roof. These are to either stop
the ice from sliding off or to break it up as it slides. Take a look
at the roof on that old church down the road from your house.