Posted to alt.home.repair
Mook Johnson Mook Johnson is offline

Default moving a guardian generator to it mounting location

good idea as I would like ot keep noise to a minimum.

What would you recommend to use for rubber mounts?

Just rubber strips under where the composit slab sits or some special rubber
isolation mounts?

"lee houston" wrote in message
t...

"Mook Johnson" wrote in message
I'm looking at what it would take to setup a 15kW generator for my home.
I do electrical work so wiring is not an issue but I do have a question
about how to move the 500lbs generator from the curve to the mounting
location. What kind of equipment can do this.

I was thinking a dolly with wide wheels but once I get it there how do I
get it to the slab?

If the delivery uses a fork lift, bribe with a beer or two for
them to move it to the slab. If not, 500 # is not that much.
patient use of blocks and lever will get it there. You may
well want to look into rubber mounts to bolt it to the slab.

lee h