Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Yamaha RX-V470

"digdug" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
digdug wrote:
Thank you for the reply...

I don't think I was overly thorough in explaining what it does...
The whole unit doesn't power off, the sound just clicks on and off but
only when the signal is pumped out throught the Monitor setting.
The system works fine throught the tuner side...as well as through the
CD player is fine.

Thanx again.

You press the "monitor" button and the speaker relay cuts off?

If so, this is a DC shift through the circuit, maybe a bad switch IC.

Mark Z.

Yes, while in "monitor" mode to listen to movies or tv the sound will
intermitently cut in and out....but it does not while in "tuner" or
"cd" mode.

Doug C.

I've never been a great lover of TV sets connected to audio gear. Far to
many iffy grounds at odd potentials. As the system apparently works ok from
the CD, you could try disconnecting the TV set from the input sockets you
are using, and connecting the CD player instead. Go back into monitor mode,
and see if the system still cuts in and out with a CD playing. That will at
least tell you if it is a definite amp issue, or something external.

Arfa