Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias Mark D. Zacharias is offline

Default My VCR won't rewind....Need Help.

Jim Land wrote:
wrote in news:1154987289.681539.300460
@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

For some reason my VCR stopped rewinding. It Fast-Forwards with no
problem. In search mode (as the tape is playing) it will Rewind and
FF without a problem. It's just that it won't rewind when the tape
isn't playing.

A few days ago the picture got really screwed up on it and I opened
it up to see if there was any way to fix it. I managed to fix the
picture, but when I tried rewinding the tape it just acted like it
was rewinding for a second or two, but nothing actually happened.
The VCR then grabbed the tape just like it does when a tape is being
played, but without advancing the tape. I fear that maybe while i
had it open I may have knocked somehting out of place or flipped
some lever by mistake. I am fairly certain that I didn't break
anything, but rather just knocked something out of place.

Any suggestions on how to fix it???

Achtung! Das VCR machine es nicht fur ger finger poken un mitten
grabben. Keep das hands in das pokets, relax and vatch das blinkin
lites.

Ja! Ist nicht for gewerken by das dumbkopfen!

Mark Z.