Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch Arch is offline

Default Musing about obnoxious threads ( long)

Hi Jonathon, Many thanks for joining in. Needless to say, I wish it
would be more often. We endlessly post about what influences buyers and
collectors and how we can get started toward gaining some modicum of
recognition as craftsman-- artists. Your different approach as a well
known collector-patron and your ability to recognize budding as well as
established talent would be a real contribution and help to elevate the
ng.

When a bit discouraged, most of us take refuge in "I don't care what
others think" and sometimes we salve our egos with abrasive posts.
Recognition is a universal satisfaction and nobody really turns just for
himself. Not many narcissists here.

As for moderated forums; they are of course, placid and very
worthwhile, but they do tend toward becoming a 'vanilla smoothie'. It's
a thin line between courteous and cloying. I'm reminded of the old
quote; "You don't get harmony by everyone singing the same note".

With Ralph, I look forward to your updates and thank you for your
continued support of fine woodturning. Warm regards, Arch