Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] wood_newbie@yahoo.com is offline

Default OT - Basic Skills in Today's World

Gunner wrote:
And home owner associations that forbid you from even leaving your
garage door open for more than 30 minutes.

This is what I don't understand. When I was coming up, your house
looked *abandoned* of you didn't have the garage door open. Everyone
in my neighborhood had their garage open all day long...it signified
someone was home...someone actually lived there. Kids were always
playing hoops above the garage door, or girls were jumping rope with
friends in the driveway. Or if you looked up in the trees, there were
kids plotting all sorts of mischief.

Nowdays, I drive through a neighborhood, and all the doors are closed.
THAT is what looks ugliest to me.